Friday, February 17, 2017

My husband is having catheter problems, and I am waiting for a district nurse to come and resolve them, late at night. Someone phoned back, after our initial call, to say that they are inundated with calls this evening and therefore it’ll be a while. I continue to be astonished at the level of care we get. I think he has gone to sleep fairly comfortably. I can, and will, but wait.

I’ve made a fair start on the tenth repeat of the centre pattern of Mrs Hunter’s shawl.

You’ll have seen that Kate found her Wild Apple kit. I think you were too severe, Shandy – she had plenty of yarn, of course, but suddenly she had the time and she didn’t have the thing she had been planning to knit. I am always surprised when I read of people who finish something and don’t know what to do next. Part of the pleasure of finishing, for me, is lining up the next one, selecting it from the queue, laying out the yarn where I can watch it as I put the finishing touches on whatever.


The poor cat rightly says that it’s time to go to bed, and can’t understand my explanation of why we can’t do it.

4 comments:

  1. I hope things were resolved for Mr M and you were able to alleve Perdita's fretting about not following feline protocols. My tribe love their routines.

    I find it dangerous for me to consider another project when I'm close to finishing. I either drop it and leave another WIP in the pile or rush it and end up with tendonitis,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, I, too, plan the next project when I am about three-quarters of the way through the one I am working on. It is a pleasure finishing up as I know the next awaits. And how lucky you are to have such a wonderful friend as Perdita to take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re planning the next project; I have a long queue of projects to start...and just to be sure I didn't run out of knitting, I took yarn for three projects with me on a 2 1/2 month visit to our daughter in Australia, including a road trip in New Zealand.
    Sadly I ran into problems with the wip and am still struggling with it 3 weeks after our return. But the thought of a 10 to 12 hour plane flights without knitting was my excuse to take all the yarn.

    And I even managed to snag some merino/possum yarn for an undetermined project while in New Zealand. So much I want to do....

    I hope all is resolved with the medical issues soon; your steadfast care is to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you found Ms. Gaughan's wonderful book! I initially purchased it as a Kindle book, but knitting books are always better as real books, aren't they? So I bought a "hard" copy as well. Just telling you this so you wouldn't have felt badly buying another copy....:)

    ReplyDelete