Sunday, November 03, 2013

I’m putting on weight again. Cider will have to be curtailed.

Not much time this morning. Zite came up with Ella Gordon’s blog – she works for Jamieson & Smith, for Heaven’s sake. So first I had to endure the slowth of this computer to add her to my Feedly list, then to order the Guide to the Shetland Museum Textile Collection which she mentions – if they had had it in the museum shop, I’d have had it already.

But after all that, here I am.

And knitting proceeded well enough yesterday. Here are the Rams & Yowes – another 20 or 21 rounds will bring me to the centre point of the patterned part. It looks awfully small, but I think that will change when it is sliced open and edged.



And the comforting Milano glides forward. I’ve done five of the twelve underarm increases.

And I knit a whole other part of the Silly Christmas Knitting. I meant only to cast it on and get started, but there is a horrible fascination to this sort of thing, and I finished it. There are ten parts to knit in all, two now done -- some so small that they’ll be done in minutes, others needing an hour or more. And then comes embroidery, assembly including stiffening with acetate, and stuffing. This is madness

3 comments:

  1. Your Rams and Yowes is looking great! Ella is the lovely lady who helped me that day we were at J&S. I'm fairly certain she would have been the person to ring through your order too. As for the Guide to the Shetland Museum Textile Collection, I bought a copy when we were there and I thought you had as well. It's a fairly thin book if that helps you in your hunt for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that if you find the book you probably have time to cancel your order before it gets shipped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie B2:13 PM

    I must have missed it - but is the rams and yoewes a baby blanket? Will you line the wrong side when you are finished? If I have another drandchild, I might consider it. It is looking great!

    ReplyDelete