Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Today’s need for haste is because I have an early appt with the hairdresser, to look nice for Easter.

Meg, I will act on what you say, and have five tiers for the jabot. The more, the fruitier. It is interesting what you say about floor-numbering in Hong Kong, Janet. I disapprove of superstition, and try to rise above it, but I can’t risk jinxing James. My father and his third wife used to live on a 13th floor in NY, so numbered. The things that happened there were bad enough that it could well be argued that the number was unlucky, if you were so inclined.

And, Tamar, of course. These tiers are quick enough to knit that I can try Number Five with a different centre pattern, and ditch it if need be. I am coming along well with Number Three. I will block it together with Two, perhaps as soon as tomorrow, and gather them in and pin in position and then we will see where we are.

My current thinking on the Koigu Problem continues to incline towards a sleeved Ribwarmer. I could gather the sleeves in to the wrist in the way I admire in that Sundbo soul-warmer, and try to edge the whole thing with her folded st st edging. The body – but not the sleeves – would have to be done in garter stitch, but you can’t have everything.

The weather here is appalling. We might have gone to Strathardle this week, had it not been Holy Week, and much good it would have done us. We hope for next week. Surely it will be spring by then.

3 comments:

  1. I asked Vanessa, Nicky and Catriona(Edinburgh friends) to send the excess rain here. You poor things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toronto only has a few early croci so far, but we are having a very warm spell this weekend (24C!) so I think by next week there may be more flowers out.

    I am looking forward to the next photos of the jabot project.

    I hope you have a lovely long weekend!
    Lisa in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar4:58 AM

    It's still March here (for a few minutes more), so despite the cherry blossoms and so on, I do not actually expect pleasant weather. That said, today was warm enough to go coatless.

    ReplyDelete