Saturday, September 10, 2005

I have an early appointment this morning to have my eyes checked, so this will be brief and unillustrated. Rather, the illustration is do-it-yourself. Go out and find a newsstand and look at the cover of the current issue of the Economist, September 10-16. Up to now I have been puzzled and appalled by what has been happening in New Orleans, but not much involved emotionally. That photograph has changed how I feel. Send not to ask for whom the bell tolls: it tolls for thee.

I'm half way through Repeat #74 of the Princess Shawl edging, and I've done a couple more inches of Wallaby sleeve. I'll take the Baby Surprise with me to the hospital, I think, rather than a sock. But I don't expect to have to wait long.

Then tomorrow we can get down to what our party actually achieved on the field at the Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment