Sunday, June 05, 2005

The thrilling pace of knitting news in the last few days has subsided somewhat -- except that the new Knitting magazine turned up yestrday, earlier than I expected.

I've got five more rows to do of the third repeat of the Princess edging. Then I think I'll dress it, and will thus I hope be able to offer a picture before we go to the country on Wednesday. I still like the way it looks, but it's tough going. I am beginning to gt a sense of how the pattern works -- that's when one starts to make mistakes, of course -- but it's a titantic struggle for mind and eye and hand. Turning from it to the initial ribbing for the tammy, feels like knitting an overcoat. Shetland jumper weight.

So for todaywe'll have a nice restful picture of the doorstep lettuces and rocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment