Sunday, October 17, 2004

Ever Onward

Yesterday I began to hope that the whole Stillwater thing is beginning to pull together. I felt something of the old pleasure in colour knitting. I remember, in the old days, knitting some Fair Isle sweater or other and wondering why I ever knit anything else. Well, it wasn't quite like that, last night, but I could imagine feeling that. Maybe I'm getting the hang of memorizing 18-stitch sequences.

It was a dreich day -- I think another such is dawning -- and that may have helped. Warm, cosy colours.

I've done just short of nine inches, including of course the ribbing. Today I'll make some preliminary decisions about the underarm gusset.

Next week in Kirkmichael, of course, attention turns to a completely different project.

No comments:

Post a Comment